SPREAD OF VIRUS (SEVERE SYMPTOMS) IN THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM,Courtesy Photo
Hello Everyone, Random Acts of Kindness/Health
**We gave a donation to the local Food Bank through our Woman’s Club. No one should go hungry.
**Protect yourself from Coronavirus!
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness. It can spread from person to person. You may have heard it all over on TV and from public health officials how to protect yourself from this virus. About 80% of people who contract this virus have mild respiratory symptoms such as cough, headache and fever etc. The respiratory system is linked to the bodily system. Under 2% fatality rate (so far) have severe symptoms. This is mostly prevalent among the elderly who have other chronic conditions, such as chronic respiratory disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer etc. Here is how you can protect yourself:
- Have faith in God. Protect yourself, and be kind to each other.
- The key is to protect yourself and stay away from the people who are coughing and sneezing etc. According to CDC the droplets from sneezing can go up to 6 feet from the infected person. Cover your cough and sneeze in a tissue or your elbow, properly dispose of the tissues, don’t touch your face especially your eyes and mouth, wash your hands often and keep them clean.
- Wash your hands often for about 20 seconds or while you are singing “Happy Birthday to you” twice. Wash with soap and warm water between the fingers and under the nails properly.
- Avoid touching common objects and surfaces, and clean frequently touched surfaces etc.
- Avoid sharing personal items (such as dishes etc.).
- Use hand sanitizers wherever they are available, if you are unable to wash your hands.
- Stay away from public gatherings and crowded places. Avoid contact with sick people.
- Keep emergency supplies such as water, medications, and non-perishable food at home.
- Avoid travel, and stay away from hot spots such as New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
- Monitor your symptoms. If you experience any of these symptoms stay home and get medical assistance.
According to CDC, “There is currently no vaccine to protect against COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to take everyday preventive actions.”
Also visit: Coronavirus hot line: https://www.whitehouse.gov
**My father, who worked all his life in the Govt. Agriculture Dept. and also was a Homeopathic doctor, drank Turmeric water all winter long to protect himself from cold and flu. Turmeric is not only an anti-oxidant but it protects your immune system and keeps you healthy. Celery is loaded with nutrients, and takes away the inflammation.
I have written in my health book: “Alzheimer’s Disease and Brain Guide,” page 182 to drink Turmeric water. We have started drinking Turmeric water with Celery seeds (Ajwain). But if you have low Blood Pressure, drink Turmeric water with black pepper. Because celery seeds (Ajwain) can bring down the Blood Pressure. Here is how to make Turmeric water:
Recipe for Turmeric Water
Makes two servings: Heat 1 cup of drinking water, add about 10 Celery seeds (Ajwain seeds) and add 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric (Haldi powder) powder, heat it well. Do not boil. Drink while it is warm.
If you have a problem with low blood pressure then add a pinch of black pepper instead of celery seeds.
Try to drink it once a day, at least 3 times a week. Start slowly and then drink about 1/2 cup a day, 3 to 4 times a week during the flu/virus season. Turmeric should be heated before using. Also, we use Turmeric all day long in cooking as well. Check with your doctor first.
Also, keep your immune system strong. Make sure you have 8 to 9 hrs. sleep. Eat a balanced diet including lot of fruits and vegetables. Stop smoking and drinking. Most of all social distancing a must.
Make your own Face Mask
- I have made two face Masks. You can use a clean handkerchief or a cotton cloth. Fold it in 2-1/2 folds like a letter – making it about 6″ long strip. Now start on wide border, in the center, on top and bottom, on both edges, make one pleat on each center, taking in about 1″ material, and sowing down about 1-inch” long pleat (this will hold on your nose and chin).
- Now fold the long side edges, twice on each side, about 1″ wide each fold, and sow the edges, leaving 8″ wide and 6 inches long mask to cover the nose and mouth. Thread and run two strings (or Kitchen Twine) about 10” long, on each fold (or to fit on your ears). Tie the edges together of the strings, in a knot, making a loop. This loop will go around your ears. So the finished mask will be 8” wide and 6” long. Wear the mask and clean it often with soap & water or white vinegar & water, and let it dry completely.
You can fold any handkerchief any way you want to cover your nose and mouth, and sow and string the side edges to go around the ears. Something is better than nothing.
**Take a virtual tour of these Museums:
- The British Museum, London, England: https://www.britishmuseum.org
- The Metropolitan Museum or Art, N.Y.,USA: https://www.metmuseum.org/
**Encouraging words about the life:
- Talk softly.
- Listen carefully.
- Eat sensibly.
- Breath deeply.
- Sleep sufficiently.
- Dress smartly.
- Act fearlessly.
- Work Patiently.
- Think creatively.
- Behave decently. (Author Unknown)
Please do your part, and help flatten the curve.
Come together and help solve this problem!
Sushil (Sue) Hennessy