The Giving Table at our facility
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. ACTS 4:32
**I have a big chapter on “Kindness” in my book “The Test of my Hindu Faith.” In order to spread Kindness, we have donated 300 books to the local supermarket.
**The Giving Table & Free Spiritual Library
Life is too short. Make yourself happy and others happy. My father used to say,
“If everyone takes care of one person, we will have Heaven on earth.”
I live in a Senior Living. Our Chaplain Kim is always finding ways to help others. Beside her making sandwiches for the homeless and giving them clothes, shoes and blankets etc. she also helps the seniors living in other facilities. Recently she opened “The Giving Table and Free Spiritual Library at our facility.” She wrote:
For residents, staff, and health aids
“Are you unable to get out to the store or perhaps you need a little help getting groceries?
Feel free to come to our “Giving Table”…
All grocery items are free of charge and are available 24 hours a day…
Free spiritual books for residents and staff.”
Chaplain Kim came up with this idea, and we all supported her. We need more people like her to help others.
In my own life I think it’s better to give than receive. I feel like a million dollar person when I give. Since I have received my first paycheck I always gave to charity first and spend on myself second. If I ever will win a lottery (I buy tickets only once or twice a year) I will sure open a Food Bank or would help support a local food bank. For last 11 years I am a member of the Woman’s Club, and donating to a local food bank. Now charity is a part of my life:
- Each time I do the charity work I feel very fortunate to be born on this earth, Also, that the God is providing me the resources to do the work that I am supposed to do. I feel like: I am the chosen one.
- After I do the charity work I get instant gratification: Very happy and satisfied.
- I get a good night sleep: Good night sleep avoids several diseases including the Dementia.
- The feel good hormone dopamine and endorphin run all over my body: Takes away loneliness and depression: a study came out that chronic depression can lead to Alzheimer’s Disease.
- You live only once, so try to make this life worth-a-while, and this world a better place to live: It has a catching and a positive effect on others.
**“A thoughtful word, a thoughtful deed,
We never lose the knack,
For kindness is a boomerang.
That always comes right back.” Charles Ghigna, author
Peace on earth,
Sushil (Sue) Hennessy, Sept., 2021
Random Acts of Kindness
You don’t need money, just a little time to give mental support and be kind to all. Check on the elderly, bring their Newspaper to their door in bad weather, say hello to your neighbors when you see them, wish them happy holidays and birthdays etc. Call your parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, aunts and uncles; talk to them to make sure they are not lonely. Thank the soldiers when you see them for keeping us safe; thank priests, police officers, teachers, health care workers, food suppliers, postal workers, newspaper persons, trash collectors for their services. Write notes to a lonely and unknown person and make his or her day. Give thanks to all those heroes who are sacrificing their lives to help others during this Pandemic. You all are Angels.