**Gave a donation to our Senior Living for their “Appreciation Fund.”
**Turmeric: It is anti-inflammatory and is not only a spice, but is a medicine. In Indian families, turmeric is not only a holy powder, but a life-saver. It is used all day long in cooking, healing and in worship. Turmeric should be used together with the black pepper. According to experts:
- Use turmeric together with black pepper to double the effect (with 1 pinch of turmeric use about ½ pinch of black pepper).
- Turmeric is anti-oxidant, it helps boost the brain activities such as cognition and memory, and keeps the brain healthy.
- My father used turmeric water 3-4 times a week all winter long to keep the flu and cold away.
- Turmeric takes away aches and pains from the body. We used turmeric in all our vegetables, beans, some breads and even in some desserts (use the amount as you would use the salt, or just enough to give light yellow color to the food).
- It takes the itchiness away: If your skin is dry and itchy, or you have rash, take a turmeric bath or just take 1 teaspoon of coconut butter, add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric: Clean the skin first with soap and water, dry it well and then apply the lotion. Rub for a while until all the lotion is soaked up in the skin.
- It can be used to gargle: If you have a sore throat or swollen gums, heat about 1 cup of water, add ¼ teaspoon each of salt and turmeric and gargle 3-4 times a day, especially before going to bed.
- It can heal the stomach: If you have aches and pains in the stomach or swelling, heat a cup of milk, add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of jaggary (raw cane sugar); stir and drink the warm milk. Drink only once a day for only three days. You can also take it with warm water.
- It can lower the cholesterol.
9.To clean the face: Make a paste of: ¼ cup chickpea flour, ¼ cup milk, ½ teaspoon turmeric, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Mix together and spread all over on the face; let it dry slightly (30 seconds), then rub it out. If needed, rub a little more oil and milk on the face, and take it off the face. Then wash the face with water. It will take out all the dry skin and blackheads.
10.The biggest advantage is that it kills germs: flu virus, stomach cancer, and keeps the guts healthy. It works like a natural antibiotic. It should be used in cooking, together with the black pepper, on a daily basis to see the results.
One expert wrote, “The benefits of the Turmeric go through the roof.”
** “If you want to see the brave, look to those who can return love for hatred.
If you want to see heroic, look to those who can forgive.” Hindu Proverb
May God keep you healthy and safe,
Sushil (Sue) Hennessy, Jan. 2022
Random Acts of Kindness
You don’t need money, just a little time to give mental support and be kind to all. Check on the elderly, bring their Newspaper to their door in bad weather, say hello to your neighbors when you see them, wish them happy holidays and birthdays etc. Call your parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, aunts and uncles; talk to them to make sure they are not lonely. Thank the soldiers when you see them for keeping us safe; thank priests, police officers, teachers, health care workers, food suppliers, postal workers, newspaper persons, trash collectors for their services. Write notes to a lonely and unknown person and make his or her day. Give thanks to all those heroes who are sacrificing their lives to help others during this Pandemic. You all are Angels.