These cookies are very attractive, tasty and easy to make. You can also use peanut butter or chocolate kisses, instead of morsels.
Ingredients: 2 large jumbo eggs; 3 cups sugar; 2 sticks 8 tbsp. unsalted butter melted but cooled; 2 cups super chunky peanut butter; 2 tsp. vanilla extract; 1 pkg., 1 cup instant non-fat dry milk; 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour; 2-1/4 tsp. baking soda; ¼ tsp. salt; to garnish: ½ cup sugar and 1pkg., 11ounce (311.8g) butterscotch morsels (or peanut butter chips).
- In a large bowl, add melted butter and sugar whisk well; add the eggs and whisk; grease a cup with a little oil or butter and measure the peanut butter and whisk in the egg mixture; add the vanilla extract, dry milk and whisk well. Add flour, baking soda, salt and using a fork, mix all together by hand.
- Line a large baking tray with sides (12x18x1-inch) with double parchment paper. Spread out the ½ cup sugar and butterscotch morsels separately on two different dinner plates.
- To make cookies, fill the mixture in an ice cream scoop, pat it down with a dinner knife and drop over the sugar, pick up the cookie with a metal spatula, turn over and drop it over the morsels, press down to adhere some morsels and also to make cookie about one-inch thick. Pick up the cookie and line up in the prepared tray about 2 inches apart. These cookies are coated one side with sugar and the other side with peanut butter morsels. Chill the cookies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or in the freezer for 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Bake in a preheated oven about 12 minutes, or until light brown on the bottom. Turn the tray around halfway during the baking.
- Take the cookies out of the oven, shape them in round with a metal spatula immediately. Cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then turn them over on a wire rack or on a kitchen towel lined over a flat space.